Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Prettier than Pink

Good morning!
 
So, I read an article on Plum Sykes in the July issue of Vogue UK, and while I'm not really a big fan of her work per se, I like her style. Even if it's completely different from mine. Especially. 
The article was nothing. I lied actually. I didn't even read it. What caught my attention was the spread on some of Sykes' favorite things. She is famously obsessed with all things pink, which I find fascinating - I mean, this woman has designed her entire life completely around the colour pink. Her poor husband ;) 

Anyway, I loved so many of the items chosen (I even bought a few, like the pink moleskine volant notebooks) that I wanted to try to make a list of my own favorite pink things. I'm really more of a red girl, but pink gives me this feeling of being ultra-feminine which I adore - something like living in a cross between Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day and Breakfast at Tiffany's. Which really isn't much of a cross at all, its more of an extra layer of femme... but I'm digressing.

Alors, without further ado, here are ten of my favorite things in that delectable tint of rosé:













From top:
1. Illustration of Louis Vuitton f/w 2009 collection by Tanya Ling 2. Photo from French blogger The Cherry Blossom Girl's bedroom series 3. Vintage dress tags from PapierValise.com 4. The cover of 77 Love Sonnets by Garrison Keillor *I've been collecting pink books lately, and in addition to the beautiful cover of this collection, the works themselves are lovely... 5. Nars nail varnish in Schiap Shocking Pink *So named after Coco Chanel's equally talented rival, Elsa Schiaparelli; pioneer of surrealist fashion 6. The Glamourai's exquisite Marie Antoinette necklace *unfortunately, sold out, but I believe orders can still be placed for the next batch ** Go check out The Glamourai's blog, totally amazing! This girl has more style in her pinky finger than I do in my entire body. 7. Beautiful fashion illustration by Bill Donovan - 'Anett' left a link to his profile for me in a comment on my post "You Take My Breath Away". I would love to know if she has a blog of her own - sadly, her profile is private and inaccessible. Thank you all the same, they're a treasure! 8. Love Poems by Pablo Neruda, Nobel Laureate. * This is now one of my favorite books I own - aside from being lovely (admittedly, my original motive for purchasing it) it is also powerfully moving. The original spanish is printed on the left pages, with an English translation printed on the right. His poetry takes my breath away, literally. 9. Cadillac El Dorado Beach Cruiser * I would ride it in a big floppy straw hat, my hair down, in a completely impractical white cotton and lace sundress and sandals...with a wicker basket maybe? 10. Peonies! These are some of my favorite flowers, and I think pink suits them very well, don't you? Incidentally, I took this photo from a food blog that I read, called Cannelle et Vanille which I LOVE its amazing...it's by a chef and food photographer, and in addition to being visually stunning, she gives the full recipes for everything she posts. I love this woman, she makes me happy.

No comments: